2009 Annual Call for Research Grant Proposals
For Faculty, Academic Staff and Graduate Students
The UC Davis Chicana/Latina Research Center (C/LRC) fosters the development of Chicana/Latina scholars and scholarship on Chicana/Latina topics. The C/LRC is accepting proposals from UCD faculty, academic staff, graduate students and undergraduates to support ongoing research related to Chicanas/Latinas in the United States. We will also consider comparative studies of Chicanas/Latinas and indigenous women in the United States, including "Latina" indigenous immigrant communities. Research with a focus on transnational issues within the Americas will also be considered.
The proposals should be for research-related expenses such as travel (to archives, or for oral interviews and other fieldwork), student research assistance, telephone (e.g., phone interviews), transcription costs, duplication costs.
The maximum award for a grant is $2,000. Funds must be utilized by June 30, 2010. Any unused funds must be returned to the C/LRC. A narrative report and budget confirmation of funds spent are due immediately upon project completion.
APPLICATION RECEIPT DEADLINE: April 23, 2009
1. Submit a 3-page proposal narrative that includes the following:
- project description and research objectives
- significance of work
- previous work on project
- anticipated results
- other sources of funding received or requested for this project
- a detailed budget (on a separate page)
Electronic submissions will not be accepted.
2. Send proposals to:
Professor Lorena Oropeza
Chicana/Latina Research Center
Social Sciences and Humanities Building #2223
For information, phone: 754-5774, or 752-8882.
3. Proposals are evaluated by members of the C/LRC Steering Committee and invited reviewers. Awards will be announced within three weeks of the submission deadline.